Migration from Finland

Aloittaja tgabawm, marraskuu 19, 2012, 19:46

« edellinen - seuraava »

0 Jäsenet ja 1 Vieras katselee tätä aihetta.

tgabawm

Hi all!

I am a French 32 years old and I live in Finland since 10 years with my Finnish 37 y.o. fiancé. I have 2 master's degrees, he has one and an MBA. I have around 8 years professional experience, and he has more than 10, working currently as a country manager. Our goal is to move to Australia for few years and work there. To those of you who moved from Finland to Australia: how did you do it? What are good tips to know? How to get a visa? How hard is it to get a job?

Thank you for the help!

Anssi

Well, I haven't actually moved to Australia yet, but have accepted a job offer and should be flying over early next year.

I suggest you check out http://www.immi.gov.au/ about the Visas available. The easiest way is getting a job offer from Australia and getting a sponsored visa or being sent over by your employee. The next best thing is having an education and work experience in the same field and getting a positive skills assessment  by the relevant authority(as part of the visa application process). I had a business degree and experience in IT, so my process was a bit more work. From my application (not including the time to get the skills assessment which took some weeks), it took about nine months to get the visa.

I was fortunate enough to get experience in a field that is in pretty high demand and got a job offer on the second try, about a month after contacting a recruitment agent that posts jobs in Linkedin (not one of the bozos that take your money but one who gets his money from the company that hires you). I also knew another Finn who had found a job through him.

Approximately one thousand billion people are trying to get to Australia right now, since everywhere else is going to hell in a handbasket, and the visa conditions are getting tougher.

Silppu

You may also want to find official state sponsorship lists. Just add the name of the state (WA, QLD, NSW, VIC etc.) in your Google search after "state sponsorship list". Then at least you get an idea what kind of jobs are in high demand and where. Hopefully you will find a suitable visa for you!

Haagalainen

Lainaus käyttäjältä: Anssi - marraskuu 21, 2012, 05:12
Approximately one thousand billion people are trying to get to Australia right now

Tuo arvio tuhat miljardia on ehkä vähän yläkanttiin 8)